Wednesday 20 October 2010

It's Clay Time

I had a very fun afternoon this week with Lou Hanson at her Pottery in Dundas I painted a cake stand!  It's something that I've wanted to do for some time and am glad to finally say that I've done it!  I painted a cake stand and a bowl and must say that the cake stand was infinitely easier to paint!


If you would like to join me in painting another, Lou has put on a special workshop and you can find out all about it CLICK HERE
You don't have to have any previous experience, there will be help on hand, all you need to do is come and have fun letting your creative spirit run wild!
Your cake stand, once painted will be taken away for glazing and firing, so you will have it in time for Christmas if you are going to gift it to someone special.
Lou Hanson's cake stands have been used by Kerry Vincent, Michele Hester, Bonnie Gordon, Chrissie Boon and of course myself to name but a few and Lou sponsored the cake stand prize at the Bonnie Gordon Show as well as the CCDG cake show . They have been photographed in Weddingbells magazine and blog, ICES magazine, Brides magazine and many other places. These stands are specifically designed to hold the weight of a heavy tiered cake, they are not flimsy little cake stands that weigh nothing, these are heirloom quality cake stands. Like it or not, your masterpiece will be here for generations to come!