Tuesday 7 December 2010

Vow-Wow-Wow A Blog For Dog Lovers

We were honoured to be featured in Vow-Wow-Wow with this posting:



Let Them Eat Cake! Include your Pup on your Cake – Your Day, Your Way!

  
Lynne, an artisan baker extrodinaire, delights her lucky fans in Canada with the most amazing creations!  And how appropriate is it that the baker’s dog is a Chocolate Shih Tzu?
 
1. Our dog can’t be at our wedding, but she is so important to us, how can we include her in spirit?   
It’s really quite simple, just send us pictures of your treasured pets and we’ll build them into your wedding cake.  Please don’t expect absolute perfection, if your animal is a dalmatian, we really can’t put every spot in the right place, but everyone will know it’s a dalmatian for sure!  Lots of information is helpful such as age, size, colour, breed. Size is especially important if there are two dogs on the same cake.    
2. Tell us about your business. 
  
 Let Them Eat Cakes started by accident.  As a foodie who loves to eat, cook and sculpt I offered to host and cater a friend’s wedding in my back yard.  I decided that it wouldn’t be a proper wedding without a cake and set too to make every flower in my back yard that would bloom on the wedding day out of sugar!  But first, I had to buy a book and study all the movements, mediums and little by little and with lots of practice I made my first wedding cake.  
  
 3. How do you accommodate dogs and their owners? 
 Being a food shop, we cannot allow our furry friends into the building, so I can meet them outside, or just look at   pictures. Sometimes just the way their owners talk about them helps me get some information on their little quirks and foibles.  
      
 4. Do you have a great dog/wedding story? 
 Oops, not really, I’d love to wow everyone with one, but I have to be honest – I don’t yet.  
  
 
 5. Tell us about YOUR dogs!   
I have two amazing dogs.  Oliver is a chocolate Shih Tzu is a beautiful specimen and often admired by Shih Tzu lovers because of his colour and his stature and also his wonderful personality.  Our other dog Rosy is tiny, black and white with such a huge overbite that it’s difficult to tell if she’s ugly or just the darned cutest little doggy ever!  We keep Oliver trimmed and his hair short on the top and of course Rosy has long hair with a tiny pink bow, always.  I am besotted with both of them, did you guess? 
Let Them Eat Cakes
154 James Street
South Hamilton, Ontario L8P 3A2  
Telephone:  905 296 3223